JENNIFER R . BERMAN , MD
1982 – 1986 Hollins College, Roanoke, VA
Degree: B.A.Psychology, 1986.
1986 – 1988 University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Degree: M.S., Human Anatomy and Physiology, 5/1988.
1988 – 1992 Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
Degree: M.D., 5/27/1992.
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
1992 – 1994
General Surgery Training
Department of Surgery
University of Maryland Medical Center
1994 – 1998
Urology and Pediatric Urology Residency Training
Division of Urology
University of Maryland Medical Center/Johns Hopkins University Medical Center
1998 – 2000
American Foundation of Urologic Disease Research Scholar
Boston University Medical Center
Department of Urology: Mentor Dr. Irwin Goldstein
2000 – 2001
Female Urology/ Pelvic Floor Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship
David Geffen School of Medicine
Department of Urology: Mentor Dr. Shlomo Raz
Los Angeles, CA
HONORS AND AWARDS
1998 – 2000
American Foundation of Urologic Disease Research Scholar
Pfizer Scholar in Urology Award
Pfizer Scholar in Urology Award
Society for the Study of Impotence 1st Prize Essay Winner, “Clinical Evaluation of Female Sexual Function: Effects of Age and Estrogen Status on Physiologic and Subjective Sexual Responses”
Female Sexual Function Forum 1st Prize Essay Winner, “Effect of Sildenafil of Subjective and Physiologic Parameters of the Female Sexual Response”
Society of Uroradiology Meeting, 3rd Prize: “Doppler Evaluation of the Effects of Sildenafil Citrate on Perineal Blood Flow in Women”
Women’s Health Advocate of the Year, The California Governor’s Conference on Women
Rising Star of the Year, National Association of Women Business Owners
Women of Action Award, Israel Cancer Research Fund
Women Who Make A Difference Award, Los Angeles Business Journal
Outstanding Programming Award, Cable Positive/TV Guide
Distinguished Alumae Award for Achievement and Contribution; Hollins University
1998 – 2000
Co-Director of Women’s Sexual Health Clinic, Boston University School of Medicine
Masters of Medical Science Thesis Advisor, Boston University School of Medicine
Faculty Advisor for first year medical students
1998 – 2000
Instructor-Urology, Boston University School of Medicine
2000 – 2001
Fellow and Clinical Instructor-Urology, Division of Pelvic Medicine, UCLA Medical
Los Angeles, CA
Director, Female Sexual Medicine Center at UCLA
Assistant Professor-Urology, UCLA Medical Center
Department of Urology
Los Angeles, CA
Director Berman Women’s Wellness Center
Bermansexualhealth.com 1125 South
Beverly Drive, Suite 401
Los Angeles, CA
MEDICAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health
Sexual Medicine Society of North America
Society for the Study of Impotence
American Urological Association
EDITORIAL AND SCIENTIFIC REVIEW BOARDS AND CONSULTANCY
Editorial Board, Healthgate Inc.
Editorial Board, Sexual Health Capsule and Comment
Editorial Board, Healthwise
Scientific Advisory Board, Cellegy Pharmaceuticals
Scientific Advisory Board, Auxillum
Consultant, Warner Health Care
Consultant, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Consultant, Pfizer, Inc.
Consultant, VIVUS, Inc.
Consultant, Procter & Gamble
Consultant, WET Products
Consultant, Valencia Naturals Products for Women
Reviewer for Urology
Reviewer for Journal of Urology
Reviewer for Fertility & Sterility
Reviewer for International Journal of Impotence Research
Reviewer for Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy
Reviewer for American Journal of Physiology- Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative
Physiology Reviewer for Asian Journal of Andrology
Reviewer for Kidney International
Reviewer for Anesthesiology
Reviewer for New England Journal of Medicine
NIH GRANTS RECEIVED
Epidemiology of Interstitial Cystitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain
The specific aims of this project were to establish a case definition of IC in women for patient
screening and research studies, validate a symptom questionnaire, develop an IC-specific measure
of self-reported functional status, estimate prevalence of IC in the United States, and describe the
impact of IC on patients’ lives.
P50 DK64539 09/30/02 – 08/31/07
Women’s Health and Functional Visceral Disorders Center
The goals of this project are: 1) To identify factors which underlie the greater vulnerability of
women to develop a range of stress-related chronic pain disorders. 2) To determine sex-related
differences in the responsiveness of central stress circuits in terms of HPA axis, autonomic output
and pain modulation in healthy control subjects, patients with IBS and patients with interstitial
1U54 HD41748-01 3/1/03 – 2/29/08 Principal Invest.
Testosterone Dose Response in Surgically Menopausal Women
The primary objective of this study is to establish testosterone dose-response relationships in
surgically menopausal women with low testosterone concentrations for a range of androgendependent outcomes, including sexual function, fat-free mass, thigh muscle strength and leg
power, several domains of neurocognitive function, plasma lipids, apolipoproteins and lipoprotein
particles, and insulin sensitivity. Additionally, our objective is to determine the range of testosterone doses and subsequenty plasma testosterone concentrations that are associated with
improvements in sexual, physical and neurocongnitive functions and that can be safely
administered to women without significant adverse effects on hair growth, voice, sebum
production, clitoral size , and cardiovascular risk factors.
1U54 HD41748-01 3/1/03 – 2/29/08 NIH Co-Invest.
Physiologic Testosterone Replacement in Women with
The goals of this project are to assess the benefits and deleterious effects of physiological
testosterone replacement in women with hypopituitarism and whether testosterone should be
added to the standard hormonal replacement for women with hypopituirarism.
Phase II Clinical Trial 6/1/03-05 PI
A Double-Blind, Randomized, 6-Month Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of Topical
Alprostadil in Menopausal Women with Female Sexual Arousal Disorder (FSAD) (25% Effort)
The objective of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of topically applied alprostadil,
prostaglandin E1 (PGE1), for the treatment of hysterectomized women with Female Sexual
Arousal Disorder (FSAD).
ADDITIONAL INDEPENDENT GRANTS:
Independent Study PI
Alfred Mann Foundation
BION: Effects on Pudenal Nerve Mini-Stimulation on Female Sexual Function
The objective of this funding was to design a surgically implantable neuromodulatory device
using BION technology to stimulate the pudendal nerve and thus increase sexual function in
Independent Study PI
Brain Activation, Hormones and Sexual Arousal in Menopausal Women
The goal of this study was to determine the influence of hormone therapy (both androgen
and estrogen) on specific areas and their level of activity when viewing arousing visual stimuli.
Independent Study (Berman) PI
National Vulvodynia Association
Characterization of Responders Vs. Non-Responders to Medical and Surgical Therapy for
Vulvodynia using Genetic, Hormonal, and Anatomic Assessments
The goal of this research is to determine whether a genetic and/or hormonal (estrogen/
androgen receptors) relationship exists in women with vulvodynia in order to predict women who
will best respond to medical or surgical therapy. This will provide insight into the
pathogenesis of the disease and lead to improvement in treatment strategies.
Independent Study Co-I
American Society for Reproductive Medicine
Relationship Between Androgen Levels and Sexual Function in Menopausal Women and With
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
The goal of this study is to evaluate sexual function complaints in menopausal women and
women with PCOS. Specifically, we will do this by correlating degree of masculinization,
hormone level evaluation, and psychosexual and relational profiles.
PUBLICATIONS IN PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS
1. Berman JR, Nunneman H, Broshears JF, Berman IR: Sigmoid colon carcinoma metastatic to
prostate. Urology 41(2):150-152, 1993.
2. Berman JR, McCarthy M, Kyprianou N: Effect of estrogen withdrawal on nitric oxide
synthase of expression and apoptosis in ovariectomized rats.. Urology 51:650-656, 1998.
3. Berman JR, Berman LA, Goldstein I: Female sexual dysfunction. The female patient. 23 (13):
4. Goldstein I, Berman JR: Vasculogenic female sexual dysfunction: Vaginal engorgement and
clitoral erectile insufficiency syndromes. (review) Int J Impot Res (10):S84-90, discussion 98-
5. Berman JR, Berman L, Werbin TJ, Flaherty EE, Leahy NM, Goldstein I: Clinical
evaluation of female sexual response: effects of menopausal status, age and estrogen status
on subjective and physiologic responses. Int J Impot Res 11(1), S31-38, 1999.
6. Berman J: Sexual Dysfunction. pp 26-34. In: Sant GR (ed) Urogenital Health: Current Issues in
Effective Patient Management. Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 1999.
7. Berman JR., Berman L, Goldstein I: Female sexual dysfunction: Incidence, pathophysiology,
evaluation and treatment options. Urology 54, 385-391, 1999.
8. Berman JR, Santos M, Goldstein I: Relationship between cardiovascular risk factors and
female sexual arousal disorder in postmenopausal women. Menopause Rev 4(4):1-6, 1999.
9. Berman JR., Berman L, Werbin T, Goldstein I: Female sexual dysfunction: Anatomy,
physiology, evaluation and treatment options. Curr Opin Urol, 9, 563-568, 1999.
10. Traish AM, Moreland RB, Huang YH, Kim NN, Berman J, Goldstein I: Development of human
and rabbit vaginal smooth muscle cell cultures: Effects of vasoactive agents on intracellular levels
of cyclic nucleotides. Mol Cell Biol Res Commun 2:131-137, 1999.
11. Berman JR, Goldstein I: Effects of Sildenafil in menopausal and postmenopausal women.
Urology 54(3):578-579, 1999.
12. Berman JR, Adhikari S, Goldstein I: Anatomy and physiology of female sexual function and
dysfunction: Classification, evaluation, and treatment options. Eur Urol. 38(1):20-29, 2000.
13. Berman LA, Berman JB: Viagra and beyond: Where sex educators and therapists fit in from a
multidisciplinary perspective. J Sex Educ Ther, 25(1): 17-24, 2000.
14. Berman JR, Berman LA, Lin H, Marley C, Goldstein I: New perspectives on anatomy,
physiology, evaluation and treatment of female sexual function and dysfunction. AUA Update.
15. Basson R, Berman JR, Burnett A, et al: Report of the International Consensus Development
Conference on Female Sexual Dysfunction: definitions and classifications. J Urol 163:888-893,
16. Munarriz RM, Berman JR, Goldstein I: Female sexual dysfunction: New frontiers in diagnosis,
and therapy. Contemp Urol 12(6): 55-60, 2000.
17. Berman LA, Berman JR, Chabra S, Goldstein I: Novel approaches to female sexual dysfunction.
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 1:85-95, 2001.
18. Berman JR, Berman LA, Lin H, Cantey-Kiser J, Flaherty E, Lahey N, Goldstein I: Effect of
sildenafil on subjective and physiologic parameters of the female sexual response in women with
sexual arousal disorder. J Sex Marital Ther 27(5):411-420, 2001.
19. Berman LA, Berman JR, Bruck D, Pawar R, Goldstein I: Pharmacotherapy or psychotherapy?:
Effective treatment for FSD related to unresolved childhood sexual abuse. J Sex Marital Ther
20. Berman LA, Berman JR, Werbin T, Chabra S, Goldstein I: The use of the female intervention
efficacy index (FIEI) as an immediate outcome measure of medical intervention to treat female
sexual dysfunction. J Sex & Marital Ther 27(5):427-433, 2001.
21. Billups KL, Berman L, Berman J, Metz ME, Glennon ME, Goldstein I: A new nonpharmacological vacuum therapy for female sexual dysfunction. J Sex Marital Ther 27(5):435-
22. Mandal S, Goldstein I, Berman JR: Clinical evaluation of female sexual dysfunction: New
diagnostic and treatment strategies. Primary Psychiatry 8:40-42, 57-59, 2001.
23. Min K, Munarriz R, Berman J, Kim NN, Goldstein I, Traish AM, Stankovic MR:
Hemodynamic evaluation of the arousal response in a menopausal animal model. J Sex
Marital Ther 27:557-565, 2001.
24. Sax DS, Berman JR, Goldstein I: Female neurogenic sexual dysfunction secondary to clitoral
neuropathy. J Sex Marital Ther 27:599-602, 2001.
25. Berman JR, Goldstein I: Female sexual dysfunction. Urol Clin North Am 28:405-416, 2001.
26. Rodriguez LV, Berman, JR, Raz S: Polypropylene sling for treatment of stress urinary
incontinence: an alternative to tension-free vaginal tape. Techniques in Urology 7(2): 87-9, 2001.
27. Berman JR, Bassuk J: Physiology and pathophysiology of female sexual function and
dysfunction. World J Urol 20:111-118, 2002.
28. Walsh KE, Berman JR, Berman LA, Vierregger K: Safety and efficacy of topical nitroglycerin
for treatment of vulvar pain in women with vulvodynia: A pilot study. J Gend Specif Med 5:21-
29. Kanaly KA, Berman JR: Sexual side effects of SSRI medications: potential treatment strategies
for SSRI-induced female sexual dysfunction. Current Women’s Health Reports 2:409-416, 2002.
30. Pauls RN, Berman JR: Impact of pelvic floor disorders and prolapse on female sexual function
and response. Urol Clin North Am 29:677-683, 2002.
31. Berman, JR (Consultant): Menopause Handbook for Vitality: Health and Wellness for
Midlife and Beyond, 2002.
32. Berman L, Berman J, Miles M, Pollets D, Powell J: Genital self-image as a component of sexual
health: relationship between genital self-image, female sexual function, and quality of life
measures. J Sex Marital Ther 29(s):11-21, 2003.
33. Berman JR, Almeida FG, Jolin J, Raz S, Chaurhuri G, Gonzalez-Cadavid NF: Androgen
receptors, aromatase, and 5-alpha reductase in human vagina: correlation with
menopausal status. Fertility & Sterility 79 (4): 925-31, 2003.
34. Berman L, Berman J, Felder S, Pollets D, Chabra S, Miles M, Powell JA: Seeking help for sexual
function complaints: what gynecologists need to know about the female patient’s experience:
Fertility and Sterility 79 (3): 572-6, 2003.
35. Berman J, Berman L, Toler S, Gill J, Haughie S: Safety and Efficacy of Sildenafil Citrate for the
Treatment of Female Sexual Arousal Disorder: A Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Study.
Journal of Urology 170: 2333-2338, 2003.
36. Berman, JR, Berman, LA, Kanaly, KA: Female Sexual Dysfunction: New Perspectives on
Anatomy, Physiology, Evaluation and Treatment. EAU Update Series 1. P166-177, 2003.
37. Zuckerbraun, E., Kim, H.S., Storer, T., Berman, J., Magliano, L., Woodhouse, L., Bhasin, S.,
Friedman, T.C. Muscle strength, physical, sexual and psychological function in women with
hypopituitarism. J. Invest. Med. 52 (Supp. 1):S56, 2004.
38. Berman L, Lazarus A, Santos M, Berman J: New perspectives on the evaluation, diagnosis, and
treatment of female sexual dysfunction. Family Practice Recertification 26(1): 39-48, 2004.
39. Walsh KE, Berman JR: Sexual Dysfunction in the Older Menopausal Woman: An
Overview of the Current Understanding and Management. Drugs and Aging 21 (10): 655-
40. DeUgarte CM, Berman L, Berman JR: Female Sexual Dysfunction – from Diagnosis to
Treatment. Sexuality, Reproduction & Menopause, 2 (3): 139-145, 2004.
41. Santos M, Anger JT, Berman JR: Role of the Pelvic Floor in Female Sexual Dysfunction:
Diagnosis and Treatment. Urodinamica 2, 2004.
BOOKS AND CHAPTERS
1. Berman JR, Berman L, Goldstein I: Female sexual dysfunction: past, present and future. pp.
215-220. In: Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality, 1998.
2. Berman JF, Shuker JM, Goldstein I: Female Sexual Dysfunction, Chapter 56, in Textbook of
Erectile Dysfunction, Isis Medical Media Ltd., Oxford, UK, 1999.
3. Berman JR, Goldstein I: Female Sexual Dysfunction. In: Male Sexual Function: A Guide to
Clinical Management. Humana Press, Inc., 1999.
4. Berman JR, Berman LA, Goldstein I: Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction: Physiology,
Pathophysiology, Evaluation, and Management. Objectives for Urology Residency Education,
Society of University Urologists, 1999.
5. Berman J, Berman L, Bumiller E: For Women Only: A Revolutionary Guide to
Overcoming Sexual Dysfunction and Reclaiming Your Sex Life. Henry Holt Company, New
York NY, 2001.
6. Berman JR, Adhikari S, Goldstein I: Female Sexual Dysfunction, pp. 1442-1451. In: Noble J, et
al. (eds) Textbook of Primary Care Medicine, Mosby, Inc., St. Louis, MO, 2001.
7. Berman L, Berman J, Zierak MC, Marley C: Outcome Measurement in Sexual Disorders. pp.
273-287. In: IsHak WW, Burt T, Sederer LI (eds) Outcome Measurement in Psychiatry: A
Critical Review. American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc. Washington DC, 2002.
8. Bhasin S, Berman J, Berman L, Hellstrom WJG: Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women. pp.
771-793. In: Larsen PR, Kronenberg HM, Melmed S, and Polonsky KS (eds) Williams
Textbook of Endocrinology. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 2003.
9. Berman JR: ‘Normal Sexual Function in Women’ in Pelvic Floor Disorders. Bourcier A (ed),
W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia, 2004.
10. Berman JR: ‘Sexual Dysfunction in the Female’ in Pelvic Floor Disorders. Bourcier A (ed),
W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia, 2004.
11. Berman JR, Bhasin S, Berman L, Chowdhury CA, Hellstrom WJG: ‘Management of Male and
Female Sexual Dysfunction’ in Pelvic Floor Disorders. Bourcier A (ed), W.B. Saunders
Company, Philadelphia, 2004.
12. Berman JR: ‘Female Sexual Dysfunction; in Female Urology, Urogynecology and Voiding
Dysfunction. Vasavada S (ed), 2004.
13. Berman JR, Berman LA, Schweiger A: Secrets of the Sexually Satisfied Woman. Hyperion, New
York NY, 2004.
14. Anger JT, Berman JR: ‘Potential role for the PDE5 inhibitor sildenafil in the treatment of female
sexual dysfunction’ in Sildenafil. Dunzendorfer U (ed), 2004.
15. Berman JR: ‘Relationship Between Androgen Receptors and Symptoms in Menopausal
Women’ in Androgen and Reproductive Aging. Gelfand M and Tulandi T (ed), 2005.
1. Berman JR: The Enema, Past and Present, monograph, C.B. Fleet Co., Lynchburg, VA 1985.
2. Walsh KE, Berman JR: Summary of: Caruso S, Intelisano G, Lupo L, Agnello C: Perimenopausal women affected by sexual arousal disorder treated with sildenafil: a double-blind, cross-over, placebo-controlled study. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 108:623-628, 2001.
3. Walsh KE, Berman JR: Commentary on: Sildenafil Improved Sexual Arousal in Premenopausal Women with Arousal Disorder. Evidence-based Obstet Gynecol 4:71, 2002.
4. Berman J: Classifications and definitions of female sexual dysfunction. Audio-Digest Obstetrics/Gynecology 49:21, 2002.
5. Friedman TC, Davoudi S, Daigle K, Barron DS, Lee ML, Poland, RE Renin-Aldosterone Axis and Orthostatic Hypotension in Patients with CFS. 6th International Conference on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Related Illnesses. Physiology Abstracts, 2003.
6. Friedman, T.C., Zuckerbraun, E., Storer, T., Berman, J., Magliano, L., Woodhouse, L., Bhasin, S. Muscle strength, physical and sexual function in women with hypopituitarism. 8th International Pituitary Congress. P71, 2003.
7. Berman JR: Female Sexual Dysfunction. AUANews 8(4): 20,22, 2003.
8. Berman JR: Female Sexual Dysfunction. Goldmann D (ed), The Physicians’ Information and Education Resource <http://pier.acponline.org/physicians/diseases/d664/d664.html>.
9. Berman JR: Female Sexual Dysfunction. American Accreditation HealthCare Commission (ed), Medline Plus Medical Encyclopedia <http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003151.htm>.
10. Berman JR: Etiology and Management of Female Sexual Dysfunction. Urology Times, August 2004.
INVITED SPEAKER PRESENTATIONS
“Alterations in Cutaneous Sensibility; Sensory Testing in the Penis” and “Anatomy of the Penis as it
Applies to Penile Replantation,” International Reconstructive and Microsurgery Symposium,
University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil, July 1997.
“Evaluation and Treatment of Female Sexual Arousal Disorder,” New Perspectives in the
Management of FSD, International Conference, Boston MA, October 1998.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction: Incidence, Classification, Evaluation and Treatment Options,”
American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Toronto, Canada, October 1998.
“Male and Female Sexual Dysfunction,” Urogenital Health Conference, Boston Convention Center,
Boston MA, November 1998.
“Enhancing Sexual Function in Menopausal Women: What Clinicians Need to Know About
Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction,” Women’s Health and
Gender-Based Medicine, Hilton Head Island SC, June 2000.
“Sexuality and Reproductive Health,” Pacific Coast Reproductive Society, Seattle WA, April
“Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor: Impact of Pelvic Floor Prolapse and Surgery on Female Sexual
Function and Response,” Kaiser Permanente 2nd Annual Women’s Sexuality Conference, Berkeley
CA, June 2001.
“Management of Urogynecology Patients,” St Joseph Hospital Health System, Orange CA, June
“Female Sexual Dysfunction Update,” LA Urological Society, Las Vegas NV, August 2001.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction: Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Treatment,” Saint Joseph’s Hospital of
Atlanta, Atlanta GA, October 2001.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction,” LA Urological Society, Los Angeles CA, November 2001.
“New Perspectives in the Evaluation and Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction,” Harbor-UCLA
Medical Center Grand Rounds, Torrance CA, December 2001.
“Female Sexual Medicine,” UCLA State-of-the-Art Urology, Marina del Rey CA, February 2002.
“Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction,” Women’s Sexual Health
State-of-the-Art Series, Santa Monica CA, February 2002.
“Female Sexual Medicine,” Cedars-Sinai Medical Center OB-Gyn Grand Rounds, Los Angeles CA,
“Classification and definitions of female sexual dysfunction,” “Treatment options for female
sexual dysfunction in the Menopausal Patient,” Orange County OB/GYN Congress, Newport
Beach CA, April 2002.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction: Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Treatment.” Endocrine Grand Rounds,
UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles CA, April 2002.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction,” Women Doctors of South Orange County, Laguna Niguel CA, May
“5-Alpha Reductase and Aromatase Expression in Human Vagina,” “Androgen Receptor
Expression in Human Vagina,” Sexual Medicine Society of North America. American
Urological Association Annual Meeting, Orlando FL, May 2002.
“Office Evaluation of Female Sexual Dysfunction” (course co-director), American Urological
Association Annual Meeting, Orlando FL, May 2002.
“The Evaluation and Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction,” Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Grand Rounds, Torrance CA, September 2002.
“Efficacy and tolerability of Viagra in women with sexual arousal disorder: a double-blind, placebocontrolled study, International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, Vancouver BC
Canada, October 2002.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction, ” Obstetrics and Gynecology Grand Rounds, UCLA Medical Center,
Los Angeles CA, October 2002.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction,” Current Trends in Men’s & Women’s Health, University of California,
San Diego, November 2002.
Faculty, Seminar on Sexual Health, Charles R. Drew Medical Center, November 2002.
UCLA State-of-the-Art Urology, Marina del Rey CA, February 2003.
“Female Sexual Medicine,” UCLA State-of-the-Art Urology, Santa Monica CA, March 2003.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction,” 8th Annual UCLA Primary Care Update 2003, Las Vegas NV, April
“New Perspectives in the Evaluation and Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction”, American
Urological Association Annual Meeting, Chicago IL, May 2003.
“Bladder/Sexual Dysfunction”, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease Update: Newest Concepts
and Therapies, Pacific Palisades CA, September 2003.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction”, AMWA Meeting-Long Beach Chapter, Long Beach CA, September
“Reaching the Empowered Female Consumer Effectively and Responsibly through Marketing
Communications”, Pharmaceutical Marketing Congress- Philadelphia PA, September 2003.
“Body Image: Why Dissatisfaction has become the Norm for Females in America”, Women’s Health
Expo at Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack NJ, September 2003.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction”, T Hart Baker Symposium, La Jolla Ca, October 2003.
“New perspectives in the evaluation of female sexual function: Techniques to reclaim your sex life”,
Massachusetts General Hospital Vincent Symposium, Boston MA, October 2003.
”Female Sexual Dysfunction: Classification and Clinical Approaches”, Insyght’s Leadership
Conference, Beverly Hills CA 2003, November 2003.
“Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction 2003”, Advances in Urology Emory University, Atlanta
GA, December 2003.
“Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction”, UCLA Urology Resident Lecture, Los Angeles CA,
“Female Sexual Medicine”, UCLA State-of-the-Art Urology, Marina del Ray CA, March 2004.
“Bladder and Sexual Dysfunction in MS”, Los Angeles CA, April 2004.
“Women’s Sexual Health”, UCLA State-of-the-Art, Santa Monica CA, April 2004.
“The Relationship Between Female Urology and Sexual Medicine: What Urologists Need to Know
About Menopause, Lower Urinary Tract and Sexual Function Complaints in Women”, American
Urological Association Annual Meeting, San Francisco CA, May 2004.
“Sexual Dysfunction: Helping the Couple Recommence a Sexual Relationship After Pregnancy,
Illness or Surgery”, American Urological Association Annual Meeting, San Francisco CA, May 2004.
“Evaluation and Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction”, International Continence Society, Paris
FRANCE, August 2004.
“Evaluation and Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction”, Women’s Sexual Health State-of-the-Art,
Chicago IL, September 2004.
INVITED PRESENTATIONS FOR THE PUBLIC
“Got Sex?” Los Angeles Times Festival of Health & Fitness, Los Angeles CA, September 2001.
“Female Sexual Dysfunction,” Iris Cantor-UCLA Women’s Health Education Series, Los Angeles
CA, September 2001.
“For Women Only,” Friends of the Fulfillment Fund, Los Angeles CA, October 2001.
“Sexual Health and Menopause,” Iris Cantor-UCLA Women’s Health Education Series, Los Angeles
CA, October 2001.
“For Women Only,” UCLA Medical Center Auxiliary, Los Angeles CA, November 2001.
“Female Sexual Medicine,” Women’s Health & Integrative Medicine, Los Angeles CA, February
“For Women Only,” The Women’s Life Center, Leawood KS, March 2002.
“Does Sex Matter?” Women of Los Angeles, Los Angeles CA, March 2002.
“Women’s Health: Sex, Lies, and Vitality,” Her Story Women’s Conference, Honolulu HI, April
“Sexuality,” The Blue Ribbon, Los Angeles Music Center, Los Angeles CA, October 2002.
“Cancer and Its Impact on Women’s Sexuality,” Ted Mann Family Resource Center “Insights into
Cancer” Series, Los Angeles CA, October 2002.
“Does Sex Really Matter?” Women in Film, Los Angeles CA, October 2002.
“Are drugs turning women on? What is the next female Viagra?” Association of Health Care
Journalists, San Francisco CA, March 2003.
“Focus on Life” Luncheon, Breast Cancer Focus Group, Anchorage AL, May 2003.
“ Sex During Anxious Times”, Planned Parenthood Keynote Speaker, Reno NV, October 2003.
“Female Sexuality and Breast Cancer”, Century City Chamber of Commerce-Health Council, Century
City CA, October 2007.
“Straight Talk about Female Sexuality”, UCLA 50 Plus Program, Westwood CA, December 2009.
“Past Present and Future of Research in Female Sexual Health”, World Congress on Aging, April
“New Diagnostic and Treatment Strategies for Female Sexual and Menopausal Health”—
speaker throughout the U.S. and internationally with several speakers bureaus. Many, Many
Talks too many to list.