Why does the skin lose tone?
Dr. Jennifer Berman
Physiological aging of the skin begins relatively early – already around the age of 30 – and leads to an increasingly smaller production of collagen molecules, the main protein that makes up the connective tissue of mammals responsible for maintaining skin tone.
At the age of 20, the skin renews itself approximately every three weeks while at the age of 50, every nine weeks.
In addition to physiological factors, there are external factors: the main one is the weight change that can occur both in the case of pregnancy and in the case of sudden weight loss.
There are also environmental factors, such as pollution, ultraviolet rays, the action of atmospheric agents, which cause an alteration of collagen leading to the progressive loss of elasticity.
Our Skin Tightening Treatments
Forma uses Radio-Frequency heat to stimulate the formation of new collagen and elastin to improve skin texture, tone, and elasticity. It reduces wrinkles and sagging skin.
The skin is heated up to 40-43℃ with the Radio-Frequency energy. This stimulates the collagen and elastin fibers in the dermal and subdermal layers. Forma can be done safely on all skin types and is FDA approved for Skin Tightening.
Benefits of Forma
- Forma has a thermal temperature sensor built into the handpiece allowing clinicians to acquire skin temperature in real-time.
- Forma provides unprecedented safety of RF delivery. The “cut off temperature” feature reduces RF energy automatically when the handpiece senses that the required skin temperature has been reached.
- Clinical evidence suggests that prolonged exposure to a temperature above 40°C is advantageous for optimal clinical outcomes.
- Safe on all skin types.
What can you treat?
- Skin remodeling: Forma remodels the dermis by delivering uniform heating to the deep layers of skin.
- Skin texture: Forma improves skin texture, addressing delicate areas of the face for desired results.
- Skin appearance: Forma uses bipolar radiofrequency heating, ideal for remodeling the skin for a more youthful and natural appearance.
MORPHEUS BEFORE AND AFTER
Dr. Jennifer Berman
What is Morpheus 8?
Morpheus 8 combines the two technologies of micro-needling and RF to deliver the thermal energy of radio-frequency waves to deeper layers of the skin and tissue with adjustable microneedles.
This combination allows RF energy to reach both the dermis and epidermis for maximum results.
The Morpheus 8 is FDA approved as a Subdermal Adipose Remodeling Device, or SARD, unlike standard micro-needling treatments.
The Morpheus 8 treatment can adjust the ultra-fine microneedles to a depth of up to 4 millimeters, deeper than any other micro-needling device currently available.
Morpheus 8 – Microneedling with RF treats:
- Acne or acne scars
- Poor skin texture
- Sun damage
- Deep lines and creases
- Mild sagging or jowls
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
Is Morpheus 8 painful?
Our patients’ comfort during treatment is a top priority. Prior to treatment, a topical anesthetic is applied to the skin. After 30 minutes the patient is ready to receive treatment. The patient will experience a warming sensation to the skin with little discomfort.
Are there any side effects?
Patients may experience some mild swelling and redness, and some may experience temporary bruising which will subside in a matter of days. Some patients may also see some tiny micro lesions on the skin from the micro-needling which will flake off in a few days.
How many treatments do I need?
Some patients can achieve their desired results in one to three treatments. Others may opt for a series of treatments spread out over several months. Our staff will consult with each patient to determine the ideal number of treatments for each individual.